[Bioperl-l] SVG rendering

Malay Kumar Basu curiouser@gene.ccmbindia.org
Fri, 18 May 2001 13:35:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bioperlers:

I'm working on a set of Perl modules called, BioSVG to output Scalable
Vector Graphics from GFF/DASGFF/GenBank/GAME files. I am working to make
it compatiple with Bio::SeqFeature::Generic. SVG has several advantages.
But the reason I like it is that it generates fabulous graphics and it's
easy. A very priliminary setup can be checked at-
http://www.bioinformatics.org/savvy

It's just a simple plasmid drawing software. Unfortunately, at
present browsers don't have SVG support built in. You need to install
SVG-plugin available from Adobe. More unfortunate is the fact is that the
plugin is available for only windows and Mac. You can ofcourse save the
output file and view it in Batik.

I'd like to have comments from you guys.

-Malay
curiouser@ccmb.ap.nic.in