[Bioperl-l] SeqFetcherI (fwd)

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 17 May 2001 16:52:03 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Elia Stupka wrote:

> > > Why is Bio::DB::RandomAccessI not ok with
>
> Hmm... just looking at this now....
>
> the thing is that connecting to bioperl-db you want to be able to specify
> the biological database you are getting things out from, ideas on that?

This shoudl all work. The "connection" is handled in the constructor and
there must be a similar "constructor" part inside the Ensembl Pipeline

The more I think of it the more I am clear that RandomAccessI is the right
thing. I have been thinking about putting efetch/pfetch behind this for a
while...

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.