[Biocorba-l] Re: [Bioperl-l] Parsing the accession numbers in Refseq

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 16 May 2001 09:06:45 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Suraj Peri wrote:

> hi,
>  I have a set of Fasta format files protein sequences.
> I now want all these to be qued automatically to
> either Pfam or SMART server. Right now, in Pfam and
> SMART we have to paste only one sequence. But how can
> i automate if i have to send all the FASTA format file
> once and get the outputs in one click.

I suggest you download the HMMER package and run it locally for both Pfam
and SMART (at least for Pfam this is doable). Follow instructions from
pfam.wustl.edu or www.sanger.ac.uk/Software/Pfam

Please try to refrain from using remote web servers as a subsititute for
running batch jobs - use your own compute for that.