[Bioperl-l] NT installation guide - RFC

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 07:40:00 -0600

That looks pretty much exactly like what I did.  I hadn't heard of PPM, so I
downloaded all the modules one by one and followed the readme instructions
for them.  I then reinstalled everything and used the Bundle.  The bundle
was much nicer, but PPM looks like it would have been as easy.  There might
have been a few problems because I got messages regarding nmake not ending
nicely, as you noted.  My ending statistics were exactly the same as yours
however, for both installs.  Which was heartening to me.  Any clue why nmake
ends so poorly?

Great job, I have no substantive comments!

- Mat