[Bioperl-l] installing BioPerl from CPAN

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 18:40:28 -0500

OK, here's a dumb question.  I see that BioPerl 0.7 has made it onto CPAN:
   http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=bioperl

But how do you install it after having typed "perl -MCPAN -e shell"?

I've tried "install Bio", "install BioPerl" and "install
BioPerl::Bundle".  The last one is the only one which actually does
something, although I'm getting lots of warnings and errors in my system
which had several 0.7 pre-tests installed pretty successfully.  But I'm not
convinced that any of these CPAN commands is correct.

If the answer is not obvious, I think that it should be added to the "CPAN"
section of:
   http://www.bioperl.org/Core/Latest/

TIA,

-Jonathan

Jonathan Epstein                                Jonathan_Epstein@nih.gov
Head, Unit on Biologic Computation              (301)402-4563
Office of the Scientific Director               Bldg 31, Room 2A47
Nat. Inst. of Child Health & Human Development  31 Center Drive
National Institutes of Health                   Bethesda, MD 20892