[Bioperl-l] X-platform

Todd Richmond todd@andrew2.stanford.edu
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:59:35 -0800

On 2/28/01 7:20 PM, "Hilmar Lapp" <lapp@gnf.org> wrote:
> At the same time it also seems that we will have to declare some of
> the issues unfixable for the time being. In this respect, I don't want
> to clutter modules with cross-platform instructions. If that's the
> only fix then there is no fix. Platform-dependent if/then/else should
> be restricted to modules in Bio::Root::*, which presently means
> Root::IO.pm. (Test scripts are exceptions because they are in fact
> client code.)
>
> Any objections to that direction?

No, as long we can place a pointer to instructions on how to fix it
yourself. I've got a 5 page HTML document that details how to install
bioperl on MacOS, describes what test scripts work and which ones fail (and
why), and how to make unofficial fixes. Where's the best place for that?
BioPerl Wiki?

--
Todd Richmond                    http://cellwall.stanford.edu/todd
Carnegie Institution             email: todd@andrew2.stanford.edu