[Bioperl-l] bioperl-gui

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 10:53:23 -0800

Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> Anyway, after that long winded monologue I guess the short and sweet of it would be
> to say that we would be pleased and appreciative if you could distribute it by any
> other method than anonymous CVS, simply due to the barriers that this poses to many
> potential users.

First of all, I didn't mean at all that you should constrain your
download offers to CVS ... You can (and should) always put a
tarball on the bioperl FTP site. My suggestion was that this
tarball is then advertised in the bioperl release notes, which
come with the distribution. You may claim that only wheenies read
release notes ... Okay, we can also make a combined dist then with
both packages unpacking to their own directories.

	Hilmar

BTW I do have Tk installed. I may have even perlTk installed ... I
just haven't noticed so far (just checked: there is a ptksh, and
it doesn't crash on startup -- good sign, isn' it?). Now I feel
really bad for being such an ignorant. ;)

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757