[Bioperl-l] RichSeqI

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 21:57:48 +0000 (GMT)

To prove to hilmar that I am doing the RichSeqI stuff, I have committed
the interface. Basically this is a trivial recasting of the "additional
support" currently in Seq.pm which I will move out into
Bio::Seq::RichSeq.pm

currently the interface looks like...

=head1 NAME

Bio::Seq::RichSeqI - RichSeq interface, mainly for database orientated
sequences

=head1 SYNOPSIS

    @secondary   = $richseq->get_secondary_accessions;
    $division    = $richseq->division;
    $mol         = $richseq->molecule;
    @dates       = $richseq->get_dates;
    $seq_version = $richseq->seq_version;

=head1 DESCRIPTION

This interface extends the Bio::SeqI interface to give additional
functionality to sequences with richer data sources, in particular from
database sequences (EMBL, GenBank and Swissprot).

Kris, Jason, Hilmar --- comments?

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.