[Bioperl-l] Test.pm does not ship with 5.004 patch level 4

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:11:48 -0800

Jason Stajich wrote:

> I meant to vote for a rolled our own Test.pm with ok and skip
> methods.
>
> The other option is to go back to what we had which was to defined a
>  method test() in every .t file.  But that is sort of dumb to copy and
> paste that method into every t file.  We should at a minimum make one file
> that has the necessary method(s) - why not mimic Test.pm in this case with
> ok() and skip()...

That's exactly what I meant. Then the whole test code migration was
not in vain, because in the end (whenever that is :) we simply
exchange a use statement at the top of each test script to use the
system-supplied Test.pm.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org