[Bioperl-l] Refactor mercilessly

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:00:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> I found some thoughts about code refactoring at
> http://www.extremeprogramming.org/rules/refactor.html. As we are
> experiencing something similar with Bio::Root::*, what do people think
> about the points made there with particular regard to Bioperl? I enclose
> some quotes from that page.
>
> 	Hilmar

I like XP for bioperl, but I ask who are our users as users are supposed
to drive the product?  It seems to be the users are also the system
developers.  So I think we have to stop occasionally and ask - what do I
want to be able to do with this system/api?  This is where some of the
list subscribers who don't want to develop code can really help out by
identifying areas that bioperl needs to focus on or where needs aren't
being met.