[Bioperl-l] Re: make test

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:04:04 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Joseph Insana wrote:
>
> > > (ie $obj->verbose(-1) turns off all warnings).  This means you objects
> > > have to inherit from Bio::Root::RootI.
> >
> > I don't want my objects to inherit from RootI.
> > They are independent and I'd like to have them stay independent.
>
> This is cool (I completely understand). I think we should consider moving
> the variation into its own cvs module, which means that Joseph and Heikki
> are not tied to the bioperl release schedule etc.
>
> This is for post 0.7 branching in my view (Hilmar to make the call).

I'm not sure what you mean by post-0.7 branching. I agree that
under these premises the Variation code should probably better go
into into its own module, even though it's a pity.

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757