[Bioperl-l] Quick roll-call of our users (need your help!)

Chris Dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:14:57 -0500 (EST)

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of writing what is essentially a grant application for
a significant outright donation of server(s) and RAID storage
hardware to our projects. If things go well this new hardware
could be in place prior to the ISMB'01 and BOSC meetings in July. I'm not
going to divulge more info until I can send a 'done deal' announcement to
the lists but things look promising.

In part of the application I need to list various open-bio "partnerships"
and that section is pretty weak because we have litle in the way of
formal ties to any group or organization (a good thing IMHO).

What I want to list instead of formal partnerships is individuals, labs,
institutions and commercial entities who are currently using our code
for real work.

This info in general is something that we'd love to have up on our website
or at least known on the mailing lists. If there is interest I'll post a
summary back to the lists.

So- those of you who are willing to be public about your use of open-bio
code please help us out by filling out this little form and sending it
back to me at <dag@sonsorol.org>. If you write to me to tell me of your
use but don't want that info made public please make that very clear in
your email.

	Open Bio User Survey
   (email replies to dag@sonsorol.org)

o Name
o Company/Lab/Group (include URL/address/etc. if possible)
o What code are you using (bioperl, biojava, etc.)
o What are you using it for (optional)
o Any other comments/info

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris Dagdigian         (Home:Work) Blackstone Technology Group
dag@sonsorol.org             :      dagdigian@ComputeFarm.com