[Bioperl-l] Bio::PrimarySeqI::GCG_checksum

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 09:11:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> Is the interface really a good place for such a method, or shall
> we better move it to an implementation (Bio::PrimarySeq for
> instance). Apart from that, is it still up-to-date?

trouble about moving it to the implementation is then either

(a) only bioperl implementation can be GCG dumped or
(b) all implementations have to implement this

ideally we would make a class called SeqUtils which is just a random
methods bag  of useful functions to do with sequence that all
implementations could access.

I'm happy leavingit where it is as long as it is well documented.