[Bioperl-l] Notice: anonymous CVS available again

chris dagdigian dag@sonsorol.org
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 01:21:12 -0500

Rather than spend too much effort on trying to revive old system we built a
new server this weekend to replace the failed anonymous CVS box. The new
system is based around an 800mhz AMD Duron running OpenBSD 2.8.  We are
already thinking of ways to use the extra horsepower - there are plans in
the works to add automated nightly build testing of our various code
repositories.

The following project codebases are mirrored every two hours for anonymous
CVS access: bioperl, biojava, bioxml and biopython. Instructions on how to
check code out anonymously as well as use the web front end are available
on the websites: http://cvs.bioperl.org, http://cvs.biojava.org,
http://cvs.bioxml.org & http://cvs.biopython.org . The username/password
combination for anon CVS is still "cvs/cvs".

I've tested the mirror, checkout and web front end interfaces as much as
practical prior to sending out this email. If anyone notices anything
strange or broken please drop me an note.

Apologies for any inconvenience the hardware failure may have caused -
we've been working hard to get the replacement system built and configured
as quickly as possible. Kudos to Jason Stajich for lending a hand during
his visit to Boston.