[Bioperl-l] other parts of feature complete

Jason Stajich jason@cgt.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:03:06 -0500 (EST)

Maybe biting off more than I can chew but...

Can we possible provide an interface to the Literature Reference servers -
is the Annotation::Collection interface robust enough to handle these now?

NCBI Pubmed through Entrez and Medline through EBI dbfetch.  I'm happy to
implement some of this if we can nail down the methods in an interface.

I would imagine an interface Bio::Factory::AnnotationFactoryI, and an
implemention in Bio::DB::Annotation::XX?  Eventually complicated stuff like
interfacing to Martin's BQS could be mediated through something here as
well?

-jason

--
Jason Stajich