[Bioperl-l] Pushing towards 1.0

Peter Schattner schattner@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 08:54:04 -0800

Ewan Birney wrote:

> Yup. I actually think documentation is pretty important as I suspect there
> will be a rush of people picking it up as it hits 1.0.
>
> Peter - do you have time to update bptutorial.pl over Dec/early Jan?

My intention is that bptutorial.pl will be up-to-date when 1.0 is released.
The version of bptutorial.pl currently in CVS covers the main new features
and  changes as of release 0.9.0.  If there are significant additions /
changes since 0.9.0, it would be very helpful to me if there could be
additional developer's release(s) (0.9.x) as soon as possible, since it is
easier for me to develop documentation from the developer's release than
directly  from CVS.  In addition, I am hoping there will be some sample code -
at least "t" files - for every module to be released.  Synopsis /  description
documentation internal to modules is appreciated too ;-)

Currently bp.tutorial has essentially no coverage of  bioperl-gui  or
bioperl-db.   Are they to be released together with bioperl 1.0 in some way?
If so,  I'd like to include them in bptutorial.pl , but  I will need to be
pointed in the direction of a little more documentation and sample script(s) -
ideally as part of a developer's release.  Thanks.