[Bioperl-l] Pushing towards 1.0

Catherine Letondal letondal@pasteur.fr
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:30:26 +0100

Ewan Birney wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Jason Eric Stajich wrote:
>

> > I think we should try really hard for a release the week of O'Reilly.
> > Most things are pretty academic to get in.  I kind of need the BioCORBA
> > stuff in runnable shape to for my talk so I hope to get that going again.
> > Should consider a documentation sweep to try and make sure that SYNOPSIS
> > code is runnable and every object has at least something written.
> >

> Yup. I actually think documentation is pretty important as I suspect there
> will be a rush of people picking it up as it hits 1.0.
>

> Peter - do you have time to update bptutorial.pl over Dec/early Jan?

BTW, we have a bioperl course online at Pasteur. It is in french for now, but
it there is any interest, it could be translated in English.
It includes many exercises with solutions as well as "UML" diagrams for
main bioperl classes.
http://www.pasteur.fr/recherche/unites/sis/formation/bioperl/

--
Catherine Letondal -- Pasteur Institute Computing Center