[Bioperl-l] StandaloneBlast

nick holton nickholton@hotmail.com
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 11:36:15 +1200

Hi again,

Had another look at StandAloneBlast.pm. Ignore the previous message. While
it makes it work all that is needed is to change this:

return (-e Bio::Root::IO->catfile($BLASTDIR, 'blastall'));

to:

return (-e Bio::Root::IO->catfile($BLASTDIR, 'blastall.exe'));

As you might guess there is no such file 'blastall' on windows, since it is
'blastall.exe', but for running you don't need to have the '.exe'.

I'm not quite sure what was going on with IO.pm yesterday (it will teach me
to have 2 versions of the same file open at once), but it worked just fine
today, without using File::Spec (I deleted it and it still works).

Nick