[Bioperl-l] EMBL parser

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 12:37:42 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, Elia Stupka wrote:

> While working on the bioperl-db, I have added something to the embl
> parser. Basically now it tries to assign the primary_seq->moltype from the
> seq->molecule, i.e. if EMBL says 'DNA', $seq->molecule will be DNA, and
> $seq->primary_seq->moltype will be 'dna', 'AA'->'protein',RNA->'rna'.
>
> Is that fine? Should be right?

That should work. Nice work on the comment stuff - apologies for the non
++.

BTW - the fact that bioperl-db stores each reference only once is really
good - as there are alot of sequences which refer to the same
reference. Bioperl-db not only will be a relational form of EMBL/GenBank,
but also probably be more compact on disk space. ;)