[Bioperl-l] Re: Bio::DB::EMBL

Rodrigo Lopez rls@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:53:08 +0100 (BST)

Hi Elia,

Sure. No disagreemen here. Today, with EMBL and GenBank we strive and
often disagree about what is it the user wants when he/she says fetch
embl:bum. The sequence in the official release? If there is an update, the
sequence in EMBLNEW? Or if there is an update to an update...and so
on...Without a sequence version server we always provide the latest
entry..although I for one would argue that it is sometimes better to
return a list if there is more than one entry (embl, emblnew++) in order
to allow the user to make a choice.

R:)