[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::EMBL

Rodrigo Lopez rls@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 19:31:36 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,

There is another issue to take (or not) into account here: Until sequence
version servers are available it makes little sense to talk about them
(the sequence versions, that is!). The level of operability is restricted
to official releases of EMBL, genbank and ddbj and the corresponding
updates..and in the updates there is only once version unless one cares to
store 'everything' just to keep SV's alive.

Otherwise than this, thanks to Heikki for this effort!

Next: implement Bio::DB:SeqDB which should include all the sequence
databases which conform (or attempt to) the EMBL format. These include:

Swiss-Prot
SPTrEMBL
TrEMBLNew
RemTrEMBL