[Bioperl-l] Finding significant hits with BPlite

gert thijs gert.thijs@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:04:19 +0200

Just, before I went on holidays myself, I found what was causing the problem.

In "Bio::Tools::BPlite::Sbjct::nextHSP" there is some code to parse a
scoreline and to assign the value to $p.
The code looks like:
($p) = $scoreline =~ /Expect = (\S+)/ ;

But in a Blast report there can be another form than the "Expect = Score": eg.
"Expect(2) = Score". So I only have to add an extra check for this kind of
scoreline.

Gert

Lorenz Pollak wrote:

> hi gert!
>
> sorry that i didnt reply earlier but i had been on holidays
> in sicily :)
>
> i'll try to have a look on this, ok?
>
> cu, Lorenz
>
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, gert thijs wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using BPlite to parse a blast report, which works fine, but sometimes I
> > get the following exception using
> > while ( my $hsp = $subject->nextHSP ){
> > }

+ Dept. Elektrotechniek ESAT-SISTA                       +
+ Kardinaal Mercierlaan, 94                              +
+ B-3001 HEVERLEE  Belgium                               +
+ Tel :  +32-16-32 18 84 ---- Fax : +32-16-32 19 70      +