[Bioperl-l] removing Seq features

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:22:38 +0100 (GMT)

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Mark Wilkinson wrote:

> hi group,
>
> is there a 'formal' way to remove features from a Seq object?  I see
> that there is an add_SeqFeature method for the Seq object, but there
> appears to be no equlivalent remove_SeqFeature method.

There is no "remove" call. This will come down to SeqFeatures having an
idenity, potentially different from its memory identity. We could get this
into the main trunk. I would claim the following methods would be ok.

  $seq->remove_SeqFeature($feature); # can throw "is not a valid a
seqfeature"

this should go into SeqI and the Seq.pm implemention. If noone complains,
feel free to do it yourself on the main trunk.