[Bioperl-l] Parsing blast report

gert thijs gert.thijs@esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:04:36 +0200

Hi,

I have a problem processing blast reports that I didn't saw before I installed
the latest version of bioperl. To parse the blast report I use BPlite.
I am parsing every report in a list of blast reports. The problem is that
there is output generated on STDERR that has to be confirmed with an enter.
This is of course annoying if you try to autmate the blast process. An example
of the ouptu can be found below. These are only the first few lines, but there
are much more lines in the output. It seems that there is some problem
initializing an object, but I am not  familiar enough with the object
structure of bioperl to detect what goes wrong.
Has anyone any idea about this?

PROGRAM:
foreach $r (@Reports) {
    tie *IN, 'IO::Scalar', \$r;
    my $blast = Bio::Tools::BPlite->new(\*IN);
    while( (my $sbjct = $blast->nextSbjct) ){
	#process the hit
    }
    close(IN);
}

OUTPUT:
---> Initialized Bio::Root::Object (Bio::Tools::BPlite)
---> Initialized Bio::Root::Object (Bio::Tools::BPlite::Sbjct)
---> Initialized Bio::Root::Object (Bio::Tools::BPlite::HSP)
---> Initialized Bio::Root::Object (Bio::SeqFeature::Similarity)

+ Gert Thijs              gert.thijs@esat.kuleuven.ac.be +
+ Dept. Elektrotechniek ESAT-SISTA                       +
+ Kardinaal Mercierlaan, 94                              +
+ B-3001 HEVERLEE  Belgium                               +
+ Tel :  +32-16-32 18 84 ---- Fax : +32-16-32 19 70      +