[Bioperl-l] parsing only the summary part of a blast report

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 18:37:26 +0100 (GMT)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Ian Korf wrote:

> I don't use HTML formatted blast reports, so I've never tried it. I'm not
> sure what it would take to make it compatible since I've never seen HTML
> formatted blast output (which I imagine could come in many flavors - it's
> bad enough to have multiple blast versions). I'm also not sure what to do
> about the two development braches. Part of the reason it's called BPlite
> is that it is supposed to be lightweight, which bioperl isn't. So I'm a
> little resistant to making the bioperl version the only version. So the
> short answer is that I have no plans for a version that supports HTML,
> sorry. As an alternative, you could write a script that strips the
> specific HTML formatting and pipe that to BPlite.

Ian - the Bioperl version is still "Lite"- we haven't dicked around with
it -  but it is part of the bioperl distribution which one can argue is
alot of things to install if you just want to parse BLAST.

I am happy to track you changes into the Bioperl version wherever possible
if you send me the updated versions.

<birney@ebi.ac.uk>.