[Bioperl-l] program that search databais

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:21:44 -0400 (EDT)

I once wrote a pI solver in Perl using a method to explicitly solve for
pI.  But it turns out it's much better to simply 'slide' from pH 0 to pH
14 and see where the electric charge function goes from negative to
positive.  While less elegant, it's much faster (and you can play tricks
with numerical derivatives near zero to get an accurate value, if you'd
like).

I'll send you the references and my code, if you're interested.

-Aaron

--
/ Aaron J Mackey           \