[Bioperl-l] Bioxml Parser.

Bradley Marshall bradmars@yahoo.com
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:53:25 -0800 (PST)

I've just checked in a new bioxml parser for bioperl.
It's Bio::SeqIO::game.pm .  It's helper classes are:

Bio::SeqIO::idHandler.pm
Bio::SeqIO::seqHandler.pm
Bio::SeqIO::featureHandler.pm

There is a test script at t/game.t which uses
t/test.game as the data file.

All methods (next_seq, next_primary_seq and write_seq)
are implemented.  However, the implementation is
currently not complete - there is data loss going from
game to bioxml and back.  I would like to be able to
do this without losing anything.  I think this would
be easiest by extending the generic SeqFeature class,
but I haven't thought much yet about the best way to
do this.  Suggestions?  Currently I'm just sticking
stuff into the tag field.

I'm sure I'll have more to say on this later, but
that's all I can think of for now.

Thanks
Brad