Bioperl: some problems I've encountered with site and distro

Georg Fuellen fuellen@alum.mit.edu
Mon, 22 May 2000 11:16:13 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Chris Dagdigian wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Can someone confirm that the 0.6.1 bugfix release was built straight from the "release-06" branch
> in our CVS repository? I cannot update the module documentation on the website until I know
> what branch I should be running through the pod2html program.
>
> Also I've noticed 2 problems:
>
> o nobody is updating the Changes file in our distribution. Email is not good enough :) this
> info needs to get put into CVS as soon as possible as the current Changes file is current only
> up to the 05 release!
>
> o The VSNS web archives of our mailing list seem to have stopped in April. There is no archive of

I've just checked the archives -- they are working well as far as I can see.

There was no post yet to the announcement list in May, so you saw that archive
empty (I've just processed James Gilbert's announcement, it may take an hour
to be visible in the archive.)
In the meantime, James also posted it to vsns-bcd-perl:

In general, I've talked to our majordomo maintainers, and they try their
best to improve the speed of redistribution (which is not too bad, given the
size of the lists, but it definitely should be better). Since a move of the
lists to bio.perl.org is being planned for months already, without a timeframe
being set yet, we can't spend too much work on this, though.

best wishes,
  georg
fuellen@alum.mit.edu
Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum, Spezielle Zoologie
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/~fuellen/

P.S. Yeah, I know, the archives do have a Y2K-bug,
``Last message date: Thu May 20 1971''  ...