Bioperl: Re: Bio::CorbaServer Updated

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 3 May 2000 01:21:42 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Jason Stajich wrote:

> I have added Bio::CorbaServer::PrimarySeqDB, Bio::CorbaServer::SeqDB
> modules to allow creation of a Sequence DB in the CORBA server.  It is
> simple right now - it only allows a Bio::Index::Fasta generated
> file as the basis for creating the db.  But it is a start.  I added some
> documentation to some of the existing modules, added the subsequent tests
> in testclient and servers directory.  There is also a .seq file in the t
> directory so the tests can run.  The servers/seqdbsrv.pl and
> testclients/get_seqdb.pl demonstrate its abilities right now.

Great stuff jason!

Presumably if SeqDB works with Bio::Index::Fasta it should work with
any Bio::DB::SeqI code. (or something is wrong in my view...)

> Brad, give it a try with some of your python clients when you have a
> chance.  I'll be trying it out on the java clients as well later this
> week.

This sort of interoperation is going to make the whole bio* stuff really
pull together. I get goose bumps about this. (mental note - must go out
more).

> This is just an initial submission so I can get this code out the door -
> I'd like to improve some more things.  I will let you know when I have
> gotten the improvements cleaned up.  I will start looking over the perl
> client code as well - just want to make sure Ewan doesn't have any in
> progress versions on his hard drive first...

Nope. I am fully up-to-date with the repository.