[Bioperl-l] contributing? sure!

Lorenz Pollak lorenz@ist.org
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

thanks for the immediate answer!

I would like to start by doing some easier coding, so that I can
understand the whole bioperl step by step...

(I'm still having some difficulties with technical terms and
abbreviations like EMBOSS or XS...)

So converting scripts or adding easier extension like those below would be
a good thing, I think!

>  o There are a bunch of modules that need to be converted/written in
> bioperl
>
>     - Ian Korf's BPLite modules
>     - RepeatMasker module
>     - Genscan module (? could donate from Ensembl)

These are to be found in bioperl.org's script section, right?

>  o There are a bunch of easish extensions for bioperl
>
>     - GenBank format flat file indexer (should be trivial)
>     - swissprot format flat file indexer

Where can I get information on GenBank/swissprot format or have example
flat files ?

>  o We have no decent beginners documentation.

beginner in which sense? (beginner in bioinformatics or in bioperl or in
using bioperl ? :-)

regards,
Lorenz