[Bioperl-l] PrimarySeq, Seq fixes

Todd Richmond todd@andrew2.stanford.edu
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:57:04 -0800

On 12/15/00 2:08 PM, "Jason Stajich" <jason@chg.mc.duke.edu> wrote:

> After reading some more IO documentation I realized
> there are some other options:
>
> solution 1:
> remove Tempfile creation,
> replace line to wrap $tfh into FileHandle with the following:
>
>    my $fh = IO::File->new_tmpfile();
>
> Not sure if this work on Win32 or Mac and I'm not sure where the
> temporary file is stored exactly so I'm guessing its not the best
> solution...

This works fine on Macs. As for temporary file storage - we have the ability
to specify a TMPDIR in the MacPerl preferences. In fact it's specified by
default as the MacOS's temporary folder. I would assume this is where temp
files are stored.

--
Dr Todd Richmond                 http://cellwall.stanford.edu/todd
Carnegie Institution             email: todd@andrew2.stanford.edu