[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::WebDB

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:52:58 -0500 (EST)

I'm playing with it some, still not sure how to handle the whole stream
issue appropriately with LWP::UserAgent, but I think I'm planning on
making it general enough to work with [most] any WebDB interface that
returns sequence data.  I'll try and work on a proposed set of methods
over the weekend so we can discuss early next week.

Something we might consider adding to this bioperl release, NCBI had XML
as a retrieval option to entrez so we should consider supporting this.
This is using their DTD - NCBI_Seqset.dtd.

I'm GAME for helping out on this front at the same time.

-Jason

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics