[BioXML-dev] RE: [Bioperl-l] xml sequence download from ncbi

Matthew Pocock mrp@sanger.ac.uk
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:00:25 +0100

Hi.

Paul Gordon wrote:

> > I was planning on writing an xsl sheet from the blast
> > xml into game, which can then be parsed into bioperl.
> > Sound good?
>
> That sounds very good!  Maybe there should be a XSLT repository at bioxml
> for people wanting to convert between various XMLs?  This would also be
> useful for data conversion in bioperl maybe...  There are already many
> DTDs out there for our field (I have an incomplete list of what I could
> find at http://maggie.cbr.nrc.ca/~gordonp/xml/) and XML is supposed to
> make this interchange stuff easy.

This would be realy cool - the XSLT transducers seem to me to be exactly what
BioXML should be all about - esp as XSLT processors are language-independant.

ps - should this thread move onto bioxml-dev propper?