[Bioperl-l] biocorba.org

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:31:39 -0400 (EDT)

What a great BOSC! It was a great chance to meet so many of the Bio*
developers and users.   I'm sure some more of the ideas from the various
BOF's will trickle into the bio* mailing lists.

I wanted to announce that biocorba.org is up and the mailing list is ready
for subscriptions.  We will attempt to have some lively discussion about
where bicorba fits in the open-source bioinformatics tools world.  Our
primary goals are to
- leverage the Bio projects code
- create platform independent systems for exchanging and manipulating
  biological information
- help establish standards (along with BioXML) for
  objects and functionality within the separate Bio projects.

Hopefully the biocorba team will help establish further goals.

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
http://galton.mc.duke.edu/~jason/
(919)684-1806 (office)
(919)684-2275 (fax)
Center for Human Genetics - Duke University Medical Center
http://wwwchg.mc.duke.edu/