[Bioperl-l] Problems using Bio::Tools::Blast

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 02:10:13 -0700

Yes, this is an erroneous exception that you don't need to worry
about when using the NCBI server. It's a holdover from the days
when the server returned the actual blast report. The Blast
object still expects this to be the case.

If you use the run_blast_remote.pl script in the examples/blast
directory of the distribution, it catches this exception and
informs you that you can fetch the report using the handy
retrieve_blast.pl script (also in examples/blast).

FYI, the actual exception handling code is in the create_blast()
function of blast_config.pl, which is required by
run_blast_remote.pl.

Steve