Bioperl: Bio::Tools::Blast->new on sequence file w/no hits,

Tim Kunau (CBC) kunau@mail.ahc.umn.edu
Fri, 28 May 1999 13:44:57 -0500 (CDT)

> I will change the bioperl Blast object so that it does not throw an
> exception if there are no hits when using a -signif criterion. This
> will go into effect for the 0.051 release. If anyone has objections,
> speak up now.

In sequence files with no hit results at all, regardless of any value
for -signif, the files include the line:

    ***** No hits found ******

It would be useful to have a blast object without any hits as there
are other attributes of that object (and the related file) that
are significant. Could this also be incorporated into the behavior?
Specifically:

    $blastObj->matrix

Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks,

Tim
--
Timothy M. Kunau  kunau@ahc.umn.edu  Computational Biology Ctrs.
Genomic Database Administrator, Computing and Bioinformatics, AHC