Bioperl: Parser of genbank features (and swissprot and ...)

adam moore paxamr@unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:44:03 +0100 (BST)

Rubin,

We (myself and Peter Murray-Rust are working on parsing legacy files into
XML (CML to be precise).  Currrently there's a parser for SwissProt in
perl on our site - http://www.vsms.nottingham.ac.uk/biodom.

I'm interested in writing parsers for other legacy data - at the moment
I'm halfway through PDB (which is NASTY).  I'd be interested in hearing
from people what other major formats they think would be useful in XML?

Adam Moore
Virtual School of Molecular Sciences
School of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Nottingham
http://www.vsms.nottingham.ac.uk/vsms/
Personal Page:http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~paxamr/