Bioperl: Somewhat Offtopic - Bio (Mac)Perl articles sought

Vicki Brown vlb@deltagen.com
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 10:58:52 -0700

As I mentioned here in May, there is a new Perl monthly webzine called
"PerlMonth".

I'm sure PerlMonth would appreciate an article on BioPerl :-)

Also, I've got a monthly column in PerlMonth, specifically oriented toward
MacPerl.  If anyone here is a MacPerl user, and would like to be my
guest-columnist one of these months (1000-2000 words), I'd be happy to help
you tell the world how you use MacPerl in your work. Is anyone using any of
the BioPerl modules with MacPerl?

Let's spread the word about BioPerl, Perl in Bio* (doesn't have to be the
BioPerl modules per se...), and [any Mac people], how MacPerl is used in
the Bio Sciences!

... One of these days I hope to write up Boulder I/O (if Lincoln doesn't
beat me to it) -- will Boulder IO be going into the BioPerl distribution?
:-)

- Vicki
-----
 //=\   Vicki Brown <vlb@deltagen.com>
 \=//    Journeyman Sourcerer: Scripts & Philtres
  //=\
  \=//     Scientific Programming <> Perl, Unix, Mac
   //=\     A little Web gardening on the weekends
   \=//
    //=\      Deltagen, Inc; 1031 Bing St, San Carlos, CA 94070
Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/