Bioperl: other options for Bioperl gatherings

Nigel Brown <Nigel Brown Nigel Brown <nbrown@nimr.mrc.ac.uk>
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 19:38:27 +0000 (GMT)

My turn to come out of the woodwork.

Yes, I'd be interested in some kind of bioperl meeting (I missed ISMB 98).
For my part, I'd like to discuss contributing:

 1) MView  ( http://mathbio.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/nbrown/mview/ )

and/or

 2) The underlying parser family (blast, fasta, clustalw, msf, embl,
    genbank, embl-feature table, etc.). These work but are too much for one
    person to maintain.

An opportunity to meet, to find out who (if any :-) of you lot use it, and
to see ways of merging into bioperl would be interesting (ie., technical
feedback).

Chris Dagdigian wrote:
>                                                      .... Extending an
> invitation to people who have working code that they want to release into
> the public domain and/or integrate into the bioperl codebase may also be
> very useful.

ciao