Bioperl: bioperl '99

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:40:38 +0000 (GMT)

  Bioperl Workshop '99
  --------------------

  We are planning to hold the workshop on Thursday 5th August 1999 at DKFZ
in Heidelberg. The 5th August is the day before the start of the tutorial
sessions at ISMB. (The main conference starts on Saturday).  DKFZ is an
easy bus ride away from the main ISMB hotels and conference area. The
workshop will be organised by the following committee:

  Ewan Birney (chair), Chris Dagdigian, Georg Fuellen,
  Lincoln Stein, David States, Jong Park and Steve Chervitz.

The committee can be addressed as a group at the email address
bioperl-99@bio.perl.org. The web site for the workshop is at
http://bio.perl.org/bioperl-99. This is just a place holder for the
moment.

To discover what kind of numbers of people are interested, we would like
to have a straw poll of the people on the list for the workshop.
*Please* reply if you are thinking about coming, so we can try to get the
right sort of facillities.

*If there is not a big response then we wont hold it*, as we don't
want to spend alot of our time for nothing. So - if in doubt, email!

Responding to this email does not commit you to do anything, but
please respond if you are interested (otherwise we don't know!)

Send the mail to  cdagdigian@genetics.com (do not 'reply to' but use
'forward' to cdagdigian@genetics.com).

Please put Y or N below:

1. [ ] I am interested in coming to the bioperl workshop

2. [ ] I am interested in giving a talk

3. [ ] I am interested in presenting a poster

Any other comments: