Bioperl: Blast.pm as BLAST filter?

Christian Gruber gruber@mips.biochem.mpg.de
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 10:37:14 +0100 (MET)

Hello!

I have a problem concerning BioPerl::Tools::Blast.

I'd like to take a huge BLAST result file, parse it using this class,
filter the hits that are interesting, and then print it in the
'natural' BLAST output format.

The first three steps work fine (and really easily!!), but what does
not work as easily is the printing of the Blast object. There is a
method "to_html" that does kind-of what I mean, but I'd like it in raw
text format, like BLAST has produced. Just with a few hits missing.

So: Is there an easy way to print a Bio::Tools::Blast object?

Thanks in advance

Christian Gruber

--
Christian Gruber      gruber@mips.biochem.mpg.de