Bioperl: distributing blast searches across multiple local machines

Chris Dagdigian cdagdigian@genetics.com
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 15:33:27 -0500

Is anyone aware of any public domain code that handles the
details of spreading lots of blast searches out over many
local machines?

I'm about to start writing one in perl so that I can
make more efficient use of our various Alpha boxes. I'm
not talking about anything super heavy duty-- just spreading
load over a small number of very high-end servers.

If nothing is publically available, any pointers, warnings,
code snippets or horror stories would be appreciated.

chris dagdigian
cdagdigian@genetics.com