Bioperl: Reading from a stream into Bio::Seq

Ron Taylor rtaylor@helix.nih.gov
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 15:32:42 -0500 (EST)

>a hierachy of HTML-like ``container-objects'' seemed like a reasonable
>model to start from --- and once we realized how much what was evolving
>looked like XML, we decided to make it standard-compliant --- which would
>(theoretically! :-) gain us the additional advantage of easy extensibility
>if (i.e., =when= :-) we decided to support new features...

Gordon,

At the conference Ross was joking about making a RML (Ross Markup
Lang)! Glad you were able to change his mind. I think XML compliance
is wise. New features will indeed appear. They always do.

 - Ron

---------
//=\       Ronald C. Taylor                phone: (301) 496-4051
\=//       6130 Executive Blvd, room 738   FAX:   (301) 402-0560
 //=\      Executive Plaza North (EPN)
 \=//      Molecular Statistics and Bioinformatics Section
  //=\     Biometric Research Branch             (BRB)
  \=//     Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program     (CTEP)
   //=\    Div of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis (DCTD)
   \=//    National Cancer Institute
    //=\   Rockville, MD 20892         email: rtaylor@helix.nih.gov