Bioperl: Software Components in Bioinformatics

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 11:05:37 +0000 (GMT)

I have written a small latex paper on Software Components
in Bioinformatics. It is really to answer people's criticism
about using software components (such as bioperl) in their
work. It is quite a chatty and lighthearted look at the problem,
and I hope very readable.

Anyway - you can get a link to the postscript at

http://bio.perl.org/Projects/Presentations/1998/

It is also available in the uk at

ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/birney/libs/components.ps

Only available in postscript at the moment as I find
latex2html too much of a struggle to install...

I am very happy to incorporate other people's comments
into the document if they so wish. Just email me.

Ewan Birney
<birney@sanger.ac.uk>
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/