Bioperl: 0.04 lives

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:49:29 +0000 (GMT)

0.04 lives. It is at

ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/birney/bioperl-0.04.tar.gz

Steve Cherwitz will announce the official release with release notes
and bells and whistles and then it will move to

ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/DIST/

But he isn't answering his mail at the moment .... ;)

Take home message: 0.04 is the first 'works-out-of-the-box' and
'works-as-advertised', tested and documented release of bioperl
with a number of example scripts bundled along with proper introductions
to the project.

The tar file has passed 'make, make test' on redhat, Dec4 and solaris
and 'make, make test, make install' on redhat, where I tried out most
of hte examples and they all worked.

If anyone wants to give it a go on SGIs, please let me know how you
got on (HP users out there?)

Have fun with it...

Ewan Birney
<birney@sanger.ac.uk>