Naming the modules; Mailing lists

Steven E. Brenner brenner@akamail.com
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 19:29:29 +0900 ()

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Georg Fuellen wrote:
> Steve wrote,
> What if I don't mention any alphabet support in Bio::UnivAln ?

Ok!

> > Again, interface issues can NOT be put off for non-beta releases.  This is
> > not so much an issue of changing code so much as just making a decision
> > (which will affect code dependencies later).  We should make the decision
> > before the beta release.
>
> What's your suggestion about the issue, then ?
> Copy everything in the object recursively, except X ? What is X ?

I think we're talking at cross-purposes.  My question is about defining
the data inside the UnivAln object. What do we allow as data types for
names and other parameters passed in?  If it is anything (scalars or
references), then we have problems of copying.  If it is free-text, then
we have the problem that things we may define in the future may clash with
user-named items.