Bioperl-ANNOUNCE Re: question:bioperl remote blast error

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com (Steve A. Chervitz)
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 03:41:51 -0800 (PST)

=== This mail was sent via the Bioperl Announcement mailing list, see footer ===

James,

I've just uploaded a patch for using the run_blast_remote.pl script on
the bio.perl.org ftp site:

ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/sac/blast/Bioperl-run-blast-patch.tar.gz
or
ftp://bio.perl.org/pub/sac/blast/Bioperl-run-blast-patch.zip

This permits BLAST analysis on the NCBI server. It's not an ideal
solution, but will do for now. Check out the README in this archive
for details.

The remote BLASTing script cannot be configured to use an alternative
site, but this could be added without too much trouble.  If you need
to do this now, you can edit the server URL used in the Webblast.pm
module, but any alternative site must be compatible with the NCBI web
form.

Cheers,
Steve
--