[Biojava-dev] ongoing release - mediawiki woes

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Fri Mar 11 05:03:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

Jose and I worked on the release today. Everything went well with Maven
Central, and the code is already available from there.  However it turns
out that the MediaWiki instance on biojava.org is fundamentally broken and
it is almost impossible to login (both Google and Yahoo open id login are
broken). I managed to login just by chance (long story). I am in the
process of updating the wiki pages. We will finalize and write the announce
email tomorrow (Friday).

The bottom line is, we will need to migrate away from MediaWiki soon, since
it is not maintainable. I suggest we move to GitHub markdown pages.
https://help.github.com/articles/using-a-custom-domain-with-github-pages/

Andreas