[Biojava-dev] Renewed Genbank files parsing support

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Nov 25 04:15:07 UTC 2014

Hi Paolo,

I don't remember the full history of this, but after having reviewed the
code I think the story is like this:

 The "proxy" means that an entry can be fetched from an external DB based
on a reference ID.

Then there is another requirement to read a single record from a file
containing many entries. (hence the differences between InputStream and
Bufferedreader), which might explain the different approaches.s

Having said that, I do think the API is inconsistent and could benefit from
some cleanup and also we need better documentation for this. Any pull
requests are welcome!

Andreas