[Biojava-dev] GSoC - Port and Algorithm to Java

Tharidu Fernando tharidufernando at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 02:39:09 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm sending this mail again because I didn't get a reply to the previous one.

I'm Tharidu Fernando. I'm a final year computer science undergraduate from University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. In this year I took bioinformatics as a subject which made me to apply to these type of projects.

I'm interested in "Port and Algorithm to Java" project. I cloned the biojava codebase and getting to know it these days. Please kindly help me on how to proceed.

In this project since the code base is too large to convert by hand as suggested JNI will be a effective way to deal with it. Is there any exercise to this project idea similar to "New File Parsers for Biojava" project?

Thanks a lot

Regards,
Tharidu Fernando